Cloud Operations Engineer
Atlantic.Net is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for delivering excellent technical support and great customer service.
As a CloudOps Engineer, you will be the expert on Atlantic.Net product offerings with a strong focus on Linux and virtualization system administration. You will be part of the team responsible for internal and customer support escalations, technical inquiries, and new hire training. You will also be part of the deployment and project team to help maintain and improve the internal operations of company infrastructure.
- Collaborate with product managers/technical leads and contribute to the overall architecture, design and development of core projects;
- Communicate objectives, key results and impacting changes clearly across engineering groups and other interested parties;
- Design, automate, and deliver the physical components that operate the Atlantic.Net Cloud architecture;
- Enhance or innovate more efficient tools, automation, and processes that will assist the team to more effectively solve customer related problems in a shorter time period;
- Ensure that technical documentation is made available and maintained to effectively support and troubleshoot internal and customer related issues;
- Help troubleshoot issues at any level of the stack – kernel, network, services, application, and database;
- Manage your own time and focus on the continuous delivery of projects;
- Mentor and assist in the management, testing, implementation and deployment of new and existing technologies;
- Perform scheduled preventative or emergency maintenance on customer and internal cloud platform servers;
- Proactive management and administration of our cloud hosting server environment;
- Provide quality assurance testing for features and help ensure a smooth deployment process;
- Resolve complex system administration and server-side issues escalated from Support staff;
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), MySQL;
- Willingness to work within an On-call rotation for high-level escalations;
- Work closely with multiple engineering teams and leads to influence, design, and architect our cloud platform;
- Work collaboratively and independently within a team setting;
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated via the Helpdesk ticketing system;
- Write and enhance existing software/scripts to automate hardware provisioning, management, and other repetitive tasks.
Key skill-set & abilities required:
- Minimum two (2) years prior IT Support experience in a datacenter environment;
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux Operating Systems;
- Good understanding of Network/Server management and troubleshooting utilities;
- Good understanding of Virtualization Platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, or KVM/Qemu;
- Good understanding of TCP/IP subnetting, network switching, and routing technologies;
- Good understanding of IT Security best practices;
- Good understanding of Firewall and Security appliance setup and configuration;
- Good understanding of Security Protocols such as IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / OpenVPN;
- Working knowledge of MySQL;
- Working knowledge with one of the following languages: BASH, Python, PHP, Go, C/C++, Java;
- Understanding of Linux storage subsystems;
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems;
- Experience with configuration automation/management, monitoring services, and hardware automation;
- Linux systems experience in large-scale environments (multi-site a plus);
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical, pattern recognition, and troubleshooting skills;
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative;
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Working at Atlantic.Net:
- Competitive compensation and benefits (401K, medical, dental, vision, life, etc)
- Flexible vacation time
- Growth potential
- A great work environment
Atlantic.Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. We are also a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to a successful background check and drug test.
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.