Network Engineer / Systems Engineer
Atlantic.Net is a market-leading Cloud Services company that is recognized for providing exceptional business hosting service, simplifying complex technologies, and building a brand that businesses trust since 1994.
Specializing in Public Cloud, Private Cloud and Managed Security and Compliance services, we operate our certified data centers and cloud infrastructure in Ashburn, Orlando, New York, Dallas, San Francisco, Toronto, and London and are dedicated to implementing tailored hosting solutions that enable customers to enjoy the benefits of cost savings and allow them to focus on their business.
Atlantic.Net is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for delivering excellent technical support and great customer service.
As a Network Engineer / Systems Engineer, you will be the expert on Atlantic.Net product offerings with a strong focus on our network components. You will be part of a vital team and act as the “go to” person for customer support escalations and technical inquiries. You will also be a part of the deployment and project team to help maintain and improve the internal operations of the company infrastructure. You will not solely work on network equipment and get the opportunity to work on different projects as the company needs change.
- Resolve complex network and server-side network issues escalated from Tier 2 support staff.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated via the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Mentor and assist in the management, testing, implementation, and deployment of new and existing technologies.
- Ensure that technical documentation is made available and maintained to effectively support and troubleshoot internal and customer related issues.
- Enhance or innovate more efficient tools, automation, and processes that will assist the team to more effectively solve customer related problems in a shorter time period.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- 3-5 years related experience in troubleshooting and repairing network and telecommunications equipment in a service provider network
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CCNA/CCNP or JNCIA/JNCD highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-Motivated, detail oriented and eager to learn attitude
- Ability to work in a fast pace, team-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Ability to mentor and assist junior technicians with troubleshooting processes
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative
- Must be available for On-Call to assist first line support staff as needed
- Solid Experience with IP sub-netting, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, VPLS, and BGP routing protocols
- Solid Experience with Cisco IOS Command Line configuration. Juniper a plus
- Strong understanding of Security Protocols such as IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / OpenVPN
- Strong understanding of DNS/BIND, DHCP, RWHOIS, and ICMP.
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Good understanding of Network/Server management and troubleshooting utilities
- Good understanding of Virtualization Platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, or KVM/QEMU
- Experience with maintaining and implementing network and IT security
- Ability to multitask projects and document it in a knowledge base
- Ability to monitor, meet, or exceed company SLA targets
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Travel with overnight stay may be required with new deployments or retrofits *Occasional
- Flexible hours with occasional night and weekend hours based on project or maintenance windows
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
Working at Atlantic.Net:
- Competitive compensation and benefits (401K, medical, dental, vision, life, etc)
- Flexible vacation time
- Growth potential
- A great work environment
Atlantic.Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. We are also a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to a successful background check and drug test.
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.