As an Atlantic.Net Senior Software Engineer, you will help architect, build, and deliver systems that add to and improve the feature set, reliability, scalability, and performance of Atlantic.Net’s Cloud. You will work closely with multiple teams and departments to deliver on our mission of simplifying Cloud Computing for everyone. You should have a passion for working with many different technologies such as virtualization, databases, storage, security, and distributed systems. If you possess strong coding skills, a desire for learning and being challenged, and are looking for a fun environment where the projects you lead and contribute to impact the lives of users all over the world, then joining our rapidly growing company may be the perfect fit you.
Here are the types of things you’ll be doing:
- Architect, build, deliver, and automate systems to improve the feature set, reliability, scalability, and performance of Atlantic.Net’s Cloud
- Collaborate with product managers/technical leads and contribute to the overall architecture, design and development of core projects
- Responsible for the planning, execution and success of simple and complex technical projects
- Work closely with multiple engineering teams and leads to influence, design, and architect our cloud platform
- Communicate objectives, key results and impacting changes clearly across engineering groups and other interested parties
- Deliver innovative, yet simple technical solutions to help scale-out Atlantic.Net’s Cloud
- Designing database schemes and complex queries
- Expertise in building and iterate scalable and efficient front-end interfaces and APIs from conception to production
- Troubleshooting MySQL, Python, and PHP
- Assist with code review, provide feedback, and suggest potential improvements
- Provide quality assurance testing for features and help ensure a smooth deployment process
- Help develop internal documentation for key process/services
- Work closely with engineering and support
- Willingness to work within an On-call rotation for high-level escalations
- Refine processes and be accountable for your performance and quality
- Work collaboratively and independently within a team setting
Here are the expectations we have of you:
- Passion for software design/coding and helping create Atlantic.Net’s future
- Computer Science degree or cumulative relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Python, PHP, Go, C/C++, Java
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Knowledge of virtualization is a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring and debugging large distributed systems is a plus.
- Basic networking knowledge of the IP stack
- Passionate about technology
- Recognition of the importance of automation on scalability and reliability
- Ability to define priorities, set appropriate expectations, and maintain a calm demeanor when a high-stress situation occurs.
- A plus if you have startup environment experience
- A plus if you have experience dealing with security in a hosting environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical, pattern recognition, and troubleshooting skills
- Local to Orlando, FL or willing to relocate
Working at Atlantic.Net:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- Growth potential
- A great work environment
Don’t see a career listed that you are searching for? Send us your resume and let us know why we need you. If you are an extraordinary talent, we’ll do our best to make you a part of our Atlantic.Net team.
Atlantic.Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. We are also a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to a successful background check and drug test.
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.