Atlantic.Net is a market-leading Cloud Hosting provider that is recognized for providing exceptional business hosting service, simplifying complex technologies, and building a brand that businesses trust since 1994.
Specializing in Cloud and Virtualization Hosting Solutions, along with Colocation and Dedicated Servers, we own and operate our certified Data Center infrastructure in Orlando, Florida and are dedicated to implementing tailored hosting solutions that enable customers to enjoy the benefits of cost savings and allow them to focus on their business. We continually work to expand our hosting infrastructure and have opened additional Cloud Hosting platforms in New York, Dallas, San Francisco, Toronto, and London.
Systems and Network Engineer at Atlantic.Net
Atlatnic.Net is a Global Cloud Provider which is expanding its Operations team in Orlando, FL. The Systems and Network Engineer will report directly to the Operations Manager, Engineering while working in tangent with other Tier 3 team members. The Systems and Network Engineer will be a key element within the Atlantic.Net support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers and internal operations. The Systems and Network Engineer position is responsible for resolving complex escalated issues as they relate to both server and network administration. This position requires the engineer to implement security protocols, perform installation, maintenance and updates to servers, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, storage devices, and various VPN connections. Extensive knowledge of network routing and advanced protocols is a must.
- At least 5 years experience in a network operator environment within a content or service provider industry
- Familiarity with open source systems and comfortable with deploying and working through open source issues
- Record and follow detailed instructions and perform vendor research into advanced configurations and solutions while comparing to open source solutions
- Work in a mixed environment of GUI and command line operating systems, working knowledge of an OS (Windows, Linux, Solaris, BSD, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade)
- High level of knowledge of Cisco and Juniper hardware and operating systems
- Strong networking experience in a service provider role with experience managing gigabits to hundreds of gigabits per second of capacity
- Contribute to the central store of knowledge while being a mentor to lower-tier employees
- Able to identify hardware problems and schedule maintenance in our systems
- Perform patching on all internal systems
- Perform kernel and firmware upgrades
- Capacity planning and performance analysis of infrastructure
- Develops projects to improve performance, efficiency, experience, capacity, etc. of environments
- Responsible for moderately complex architectural design and development of hardware, software and networking systems
- Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance
- Knowledge of Enterprise and open source virtualization software
- Analyzes systems and determines business requirements.
- Stays current with emerging technologies related to respective technology domain
- Other duties, projects, and responsibilities assigned by management
Key skill set & abilities required:
- A passion for computing, learning new technology and a natural curiosity for all things computer related
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- General understanding of Data Center procedures and services including: colocation, dedicated servers, cloud servers and managed services
- General understanding of ISP procedures and services including: Tier 1 providers, LECs, and data center providers
- General understanding of BGP, OSPF and other dynamic routing protocols with real world experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), web browsing software, and CRM style software
- Exercise professionalism and discretion when dealing customer, company or employee information
- The ability to learn and adapt to new challenges and tasks required to fulfill the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit more than 75% of the day; talk and hear, more than 50% of the day. 40% or less of the day is spent standing or walking. The employee is required to use hands to type data, dial the telephone and reach with hands and arms, 85% of the time. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities that are required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, more than 50% of the time.
Don’t see a career listed that you are searching for? Send us your resume and let us know why we need you. If you are an extraordinary talent, we’ll do our best to make you a part of our Atlantic.Net team.
Atlantic.Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. We are also a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to a successful background check and drug test.
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.