"After evaluating a range of managed hosting options to support our data operations, we chose Atlantic.Net because of their superior infrastructure and extensive technical knowledge."
Managed HIPAA Security
Our fully-managed and compliant security allows us to consistently keep track of your security, allowing you to stay focused on your core competencies. Here are a few key managed services, to help you with all your compliance needs:
- HIPAA Intrusion Prevention System
- Anti-Malware Protection
- Dedicated Firewalls & Encrypted VPN
- Trend Micro Deep Security Anti-Malware
- Trend Micro Deep Security Network Security Package
- Trend Micro Deep Security Integrity Monitoring
- Trend Micro Deep Security Log Inspection
HIPAA Intrusion Prevention System
Our Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) works off of a continually-revised database of malware and other potential hazards, and features customizable security infrastructure that allows us to tweak it to your specific needs. We routinely test and re-test all components of our IPS, and allow upgrades on an as-needed basis. Threats are monitored and prevented in real-time.
Our IPS also features a powerful Firewall Appliance which connects to each interface, monitoring everything from CPU usage to response rate for gateways. For those of you who require traffic shaping and simultaneous connection limitations, both are easily configurable.
All of this is available at minimal cost - meaning you'll have access to world-class security at a price that won't leave you tapped out.
One of the stipulations for HIPAA is that healthcare organizations must utilize an antimalware application to remain compliant. Atlantic.Net's engineers trust Trend Micro Anti-Malware to protect clients from malicious software.
Dedicated Firewalls & Encrypted VPN
In addition to our IPS system, Atlantic.Net provides a powerful set of managed firewall components, designed with optimal affordability and security in mind. We're able to create out-of-the-box solutions for just about any configuration, including Linux servers or even Cisco ASA Firewalls. Reporting maintains historical information on every aspect of your system related to network security, including CPU utilization, firewall states, WAN gateways, and traffic shaping.
By default, we deploy an OpenBSD stateful firewall that allows you to granularly control your states. This allows you to limit states per host, new connections per second, state timeout, state type, and simultaneous client connections. It allows the handling of multiple states, as well as outlined below:
- Keep state - Works with all protocols. Default for all rules.
- Modulate state - Works only with TCP. Atlantic.Net's Firewall Appliance will generate strong Initial Sequence Numbers (ISNs) on behalf of the host.
- Synproxy state - Proxies incoming TCP connections to help protect servers from spoofed TCP SYN floods. This option includes the functionality of "keep state" and "modulate state" combined.
- None - Does not keep any state entries for the traffic. This is very rarely desirable, but is available because it can be useful under some limited circumstances.
It also offers a number of state table optimization options:
- Normal - The default algorithm.
- High latency - Useful for high latency links, such as satellite connections. Expires idle connections later than normal.
- Aggressive - Expires idle connections more quickly. Uses hardware resources more efficiently, but can drop legitimate connections.
- Conservative - Tries to avoid dropping legitimate connections at the expense of increased memory usage and CPU utilization.
Last but certainly not least, our dedicated firewalls are connected to a management service that'll help you ease the burden of monitoring.
This management service allows us to help you implement switches that can be used to set up encrypted VPN connections (we support OpenVPN, IPsec, and PPTP by default) to and from your hosted servers. HIPAA compliance requirements are kept central to the entire process, from management to maintenance to troubleshooting. It's efficient, too • we realize that your time is important, so we rtay with you every step of the way to make compliance a breeze. Click here to learn more about our managed firewall service.
All Atlantic.Net clients by default have access to our Network Address Translation Utility, designed to allow them to quickly and easily shape how their network functions. It features easy configuration for port forwarding (including ranges and the capacity to support multiple public IPS), outbound NAT, and advanced load balancing for both inbound and outbound connections. Integrated with the firewall appliance, it can be readily set up with full redundancy thanks to pfsync and CARP from OpenBSD.
Looking For HIPAA Compliant Hosting?
We Can Help With A Free Assessment.
IT Architecture Design, Security, & Guidance.
Flexible Private, Public, & Hybrid Hosting.
24x7x365 Security, Support, & Monitoring.
Trend Micro Deep Security Anti-Malware
- Delivers an anti-malware agent to extend protection to physical, virtual, and HIPAA compliant cloud servers.
- Optimizes security operations to avoid antivirus storms commonly seen in full system scans and pattern updates from traditional security capabilities.
- Protects from sophisticated attacks in virtual environments by isolating malware from critical operating system and security components.
Trend Micro Deep Security Network Security Package
- Examines all incoming and outgoing traffic for protocol deviations, policy violations, or content that signals an attack.
- Automatically protects against known but unpatched vulnerabilities by virtually patching (shielding) them from an unlimited number of exploits, pushing protection to thousands of servers in minutes without a system reboot.
- Decreases the attack surface of physical, cloud, and virtual servers with fine-grained filtering, policies per network, and location awareness for all IP-based protocols and frame types. Includes out-of-the-box vulnerability protection for all major operating systems and over 100 applications, including database, web, email, and FTP servers.
Trend Micro Deep Security Integrity Monitoring
- Monitors critical operating system and application files, such as directories, registry keys, and values, to detect and report malicious and unexpected changes in real time.
- Uses Intel TPM/TXT technology to perform hypervisor integrity monitoring for any unauthorized changes to the hypervisor, thereby extending security and compliance to the hypervisor layer.
- Reduces administrative overhead with trusted event tagging that automatically replicates actions for similar events across the entire data center.
Trend Micro Deep Security Log Inspection
- Collects and analyzes operating system and application logs in over 100 log file formats, identifying suspicious behavior, security events, and administrative events across your data center
- Assists with compliance (PCI DSS section 10.6) to optimize the identification of important security events buried in multiple log entries.
- Forwards events to SIEM system or centralized logging server for correlation, reporting, and archiving
TREND MICRO™ DEEP SECURITY SUITE – DEEP SECURITY MODULES
Trend Micro™ Deep Security Suite
Virtual Environments: Preserve performance and consolidation ratios with comprehensive agentless security built specifically to maximize protection for virtual environments.
Optimized for Server Environments: Optimizes security operations to avoid antivirus storms commonly seen in full system scanning and pattern updates from traditional security capabilities.
Virtual patching: Shield vulnerabilities before they can be exploited, eliminating the operational pains of emergency patching, frequent patch cycles, and costly system downtime.
Compliance: Demonstrate compliance with a number of regulatory requirements including PCI DSS 3.0, HIPAA, HITECH, FISMA/NIST, NERC, SSAE 18, and more. Learn more about Trend Micro Deep Security.
Learn more about HIPAA Compliance and HIPAA Compliant Hosting
Get Help with HIPAA Compliance
Atlantic.Net stands ready to help you attain fast compliance with a range of certifications, such as SOC 2 and SOC 3, HIPAA, and HITECH, all with 24x7x365 support, monitoring, and world-class data center infrastructure. For faster application deployment, free IT architecture design, and assessment, call 888-618-DATA (3282), or email us at [email protected].
Start Your HIPAA Project With A Free
Fully Audited HIPAA Platform Trial!
HIPAA Compliant Computer & Storage, Encrypted VPN, Security Firewall, BAA, Offsite Backup, Disaster Recovery, & More!
Our Technology Partners
HIPAA Hosting Features
Business Associate Agreement
Intrusion Prevention Service
Fully Managed Firewall
File Integrity Monitoring
Log Management System
Highly Available Bandwidth
Linux & Windows Servers
Our Data Center Certifications
Dedicated to Your Success
- Jason Coleman
VP of Information Technology, Orlando Magic
- Erin Chapple
General Manager for Windows Server, Microsoft Corp.
"Atlantic.Net’s support for Windows Server Containers in their cloud platform brings additional choice and options for our joint customers in search of flexible and innovative cloud services."
In The News
Millions of Servers Deployed Worldwide
®Each logo is the registered trademark of its respective company.
Share Your Vision With Us
And We Will Develop a Hosting Environment Tailored to Your Needs!
Contact an advisor at 888-618-DATA (3282), email [email protected], or fill out the form below.
Let us help you like we helped Complete Healthcare Solutions lower their costs, get a fast return on investment, and increase speed-to-market.
Don't just take our word for it: Cyber Defense Magazine recognized Atlantic.Net as "Best Solution: Cybersecurity Healthcare Practices" in the 2023 Global Infosec Awards.