"After evaluating a range of managed hosting options to support our data operations, we chose Atlantic.Net because of their superior infrastructure and extensive technical knowledge."
Today’s modern high-traffic websites are expected to serve millions of concurrent sessions and still provide fast, reliable web page delivery for digital content. A load balancer is a cost-effective, performance-enhancing solution to this problem. Atlantic.Net is proud to offer a comprehensive load balancing solution alongside Atlantic.Net Managed Firewall services.
Load balancing is one of the most popular techniques used to distribute high traffic web servers, and it can significantly improve the customer experience as they view web page content. Our service gives clients the ability to add numerous diverse application and web servers into a load balancing pool, which in turn, helps deliver a significantly better digital experience to client customers and end users.
WHAT CAN LOAD BALANCING DO FOR ME?
WHAT CAN LOAD BALANCING DO FOR ME?
Remove the complexity and the technology headache away by utilizing the Atlantic.Net Load Balancing service to enhance the performance and reliability of your business critical web sites:
Load Balancing – distribute incoming application traffic load across multiple Atlantic.Net servers for an improved customer experience.
Ensure High Availability – increase web site reliability, redundancy, and failover capability by only sending requests to online Atlantic.Net servers, thus enabling contingency for any unexpected outages.
Flexibility – add an extra layer of flexibility to join or remove servers when needed by demand; This is perfect for clients who have seasonal peaks and busy promotional periods.
Increase Scalability – Atlantic.Net Load Balancing service gives you the ability to grow as your business grows. Whether you are starting small or growing significantly, our service can enhance your business.
Reduced Downtime – when scheduling planned maintenance, live services can remain online whilst critical servers are updated.
Increase Performance – provide better response times to web services.
Load Balancing Services
Atlantic.Net Firewall and Load Balancing service can introduce a wide range of key features designed to further improve functionality and help ensure all services remain online:
- Round Robin – this simple algorithm sends incoming traffic to the next available server in a load balancing cluster, this is done in a sequential sequence such as node 1, node 2, node 3.
- Static Round Robin – this method allocates a weighting number to a server, or a priority to a particular server, therefore incoming traffic will get distributed to the preferred node(s) in the cluster, if available.
- Least connections – the load balancer will monitor the number of open connections for each server, and sends the incoming request to the least busy server.
- IP source – connections are distributed to the servers based on the source IP address. This is a great method for geolocation load balancing. If a web server fails and is taken out of service, the distribution changes. As long as all servers are running, a given client IP address will always go to the same web server.
Read More About Load Balancing
Load Balancing Features
Atlantic.Net Firewall and Load Balancing service provides a good combination of most popular techniques used in load balancing technology:
Atlantic.Net Load Balancing service is backed by Atlantic.net Firewall Service, which enables you to take advantage of our latest technology to provide security and many other features. For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
- Sticky Sessions – this feature is an efficiency measure that enables users connected to the web server to interact with the same web server at all times. This prevents the same content from being open for the same client on multiple different web servers, therefore reducing overhead.
- Health Checks – this vital feature is when the load balancer reaches out to the servers in the load balancing pool to check availability and health. Any issues are flagged, and failing server nodes are bypassed until any outstanding issues are resolved.
- SSL Termination – this technique is when SSL encryption is decoded on the load balancer prior to the request reaching the web server. This is an effective method used to improve performance and lessen the workload requests to the backend nodes.
- Multi-Port Balancing - this advanced technique allows users to channel all traffic configured for a specific application port to one or more servers. It offers application developers greater performance capability.
- Connection Throttling - this feature protects the load balancing pool when specific incoming requests are demanding significant resources. This could be caused by certain applications demanding excessive bandwidth which may impact the entire cluster.
Millions of Servers Deployed Worldwide
®Each logo is the registered trademark of its respective company.
Dedicated to Your Success
- Jason Coleman
VP of Information Technology, Orlando Magic
- Erin Chapple
General Manager for Windows Server, Microsoft Corp.
"Atlantic.Net’s support for Windows Server Containers in their cloud platform brings additional choice and options for our joint customers in search of flexible and innovative cloud services."
Share Your Vision With Us
And We Will Develop a Hosting Environment Tailored to Your Needs!
Contact an advisor at 866-618-DATA (3282), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
Let us help you like we helped Complete Healthcare Solutions lower their costs, get a fast return on investment, and increase speed-to-market.
Don't just take our word for it: Cyber Defense Magazine recognized Atlantic.Net as "Best Solution: Cybersecurity Healthcare Practices" in the 2023 Global Infosec Awards.