Benefits of WordPress Cloud Hosting: About WordPress in the Cloud
Why do WordPress and the cloud work so well together?
Content management systems (CMS’s) are now fundamental to website development. WordPress has proven especially popular. Originally designed as a blogging platform, people quickly started to realize it could be used to create entire sites. It is now used for 75 million projects (websites and blogs) worldwide. It is incredibly easy for users to make their site their own:
- To give a site design and structure, thousands of themes are available through WordPress and third parties.
- Plug-ins allow site builders to easily expand functionality. As of August 17, there are 39,529 plug-ins in the official directory.
- Finally, the entire system is open source – meaning that you can manipulate the code however you want.
Through this wide range of structured and unstructured options, you can build web pages, manage and respond to comments, create a web store, and do virtually anything else you need with a platform that is designed for search engine optimization (SEO): “WordPress, straight out of the box, comes ready to embrace search engines,” the WordPress site explains. “Its features and functions guide a search engine through the posts, pages, and categories to help the search engine crawl your site and gather the information it needs to include your site within its database.” (One other element of the CMS that helps with SEO is that the vast majority of themes use responsive design so that mobile devices immediately know how to process your site.)
WordPress is a well-trusted CMS. Who uses it? TechCrunch, The New Yorker, BBC America, eBay, Best Buy, and Xerox, to name a few. However, without hosting, WordPress can’t go anywhere. WordPress is a Ferrari, but you have to give it good gas. Would you really want to put cheap gas into your Ferrari?
Cloud Server technology is widely used for much the same reason as WordPress. It is extraordinarily easy to implement. There are many advantages of using cloud over traditional hosting systems. If you have heard that cloud is fast, that is a vast understatement. In fact, Geoffrey Fox, PhD, a computer scientist at Indiana University, points out that cloud is often faster than supercomputers. Because of cloud’s efficiency, it is also highly affordable. Flexibility is another big benefit: resources are delivered on- demand and in near real-time. (For instance, Atlantic.Net offers per-second billing.)
SEO company manager and hosting advisor Om Thoke suggests using these two technologies together so that your site looks great, includes all the features you want, and is delivered fast and mobile-ready. “WordPress cloud hosting basically offers the amazing benefits of both WordPress CMS, and the cloud server hosting approach,” he says. “This service will basically help [you] scale up [your] WordPress website with all the advantages of cloud server hosting.”
While you may be aware of the strengths of WordPress and cloud technology, consider why cloud-hosted WordPress is the best choice. Six reasons:
- Easy to integrate managed hosting – One of the reasons that cloud is popular is because you don’t have to worry about maintenance and technical administration. If you opt for a managed service, one-click-WordPress cloud-hosted providers can easily solve any problems you might have.
- Uptime – If a physical server crashes, your site crashes as well. Cloud isn’t a physical server, though. It’s a virtual server built using a vast distribution of machines. If a physical machine goes down, another one is immediately available. That way any outages are irrelevant: your performance remains strong throughout. For this reason, the cloud is considered highly reliable.
- Content delivery network (CDN) – CDNs quickly distribute content. Content delivery networks are built with the same basic principles as the cloud. You can use a CDN in conjunction with the cloud if you like, to further improve your speed.
- Optimized servers – The prevalence of WordPress is a good thing because it means that cloud providers are prepared to help. “All the cloud servers out there are completely optimized for running WordPress in a seamless and efficient manner,” says Thoke. “You should have [a] technical team that is well-versed with fixing server issues related to WordPress.”
- Growth-ready – No one wants to have to rebuild their systems, physically add and remove hardware, or buy and sell components whenever the company gets bigger or smaller. WordPress cloud server hosting allows you to scale to meet demand. If you get a spike in traffic, you can deliver resources immediately. It’s built for scalability.
- Security – Since WordPress is so widely used, it’s also often a target for cyber-attacks. By using a strong cloud host, you will get redundant firewalls, regular malware scans, strict access rules, DDoS defenses, and everything else that hosting experts have at their disposal.
With WordPress cloud hosting, you can deliver a beautiful website at the speed today’s customer expects – especially with a 100% SSD (solid-state drive) cloud. With Atlantic.Net, you standardly get daily backup and per-second billing with any cloud account, and you don’t even have to sign a contract. You can deploy your WordPress cloud environment in 30 seconds.
Try our One-Click WordPress Cloud Hosting and be up and running in less than 30 seconds!
Cloud server hosting services are only one of our offerings – we also offer dedicated hosting, managed hosting, and HIPAA-compliant WordPress hosting.
Get a $250 Credit and Access to Our Free Tier!
Free Tier includes:
G3.2GB Cloud VPS a Free to Use for One Year
50 GB of Block Storage Free to Use for One Year
50 GB of Snapshots Free to Use for One Year