Cloud Server FAQ
- Our infrastructure allows you to provision cloud servers in seconds on a highly redundant hardware platform, scale cloud servers with ease, pay only for what you use, cancel cloud servers anytime with no commitments, and save significant time and money. Much like a legacy system, our cloud servers allow you to have full administrative access and operate any software you wish. In essence, our cloud servers combine simplicity, security, and scalability with the reliability of the latest virtualization and cloud hosting platform.
- With the FREE TRIAL OFFER, no charges are incurred until after your free hours are used—only then will you be billed for the cloud servers you choose to utilize. . Sign up for a free cloud server trial by calling 1.800.521.5881.
- You will be billed monthly on the anniversary of the date you registered for the Atlantic.Net Cloud. You will only be billed for the cloud servers you deploy and the data transfer used in the previous month.
- Atlantic.Net is available to assist you 24/7/365 via phone and email.
We monitor and maintain the data center, network, and all the hardware that powers your cloud servers. You have full control to manage your cloud servers, including the operating system, server applications, and code.
Need assistance beyond Atlantic.Net's covered support items listed below? No problem! We offer hourly support—just call us to discuss your needs.
Cloud Server Support Atlantic.Net Fully Supports: You are Responsible for: Data Center Your Application Code and Content Network Server Apps (Web Server, Mail, etc) Cloud Platform Hardware OS, Security Patches & Upgrades
- All data is stored on highly redundant infrastructure backed up on a daily basis.
Currently we offer those Operating Systems listed below and have many more planned.
Ubuntu 10.04 Server 32-Bit
Ubuntu 10.04 Server 64-Bit
Ubuntu 12.04 Server 32-Bit
Ubuntu 12.04 Server 64-Bit
CentOS 5.8 32-Bit
CentOS 5.8 64-Bit
CentOS 6.3 32-Bit
CentOS 6.3 64-Bit
CentOS 6.3 32/64-Bit with cPanel & WHM 64-Bit
Debian 6.0.5 32-Bit
Debian 6.0.5 64-Bit
Fedora 17 32-Bit
Fedora 17 64-Bit
Windows 2003 Enterprise Server 32-Bit
Windows 2003 Enterprise Server 64-Bit
Windows 2008 Enterprise Server 32-Bit
Windows 2008 Enterprise Server 64-Bit
Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server 64-Bit
- In-bound transfer is free and 1GB free out-bound transfer is also included. You pay for the additional outbound data transfer you use during a month. Please refer to our cloud server pricing section for details.
- The network throughput to each server varies depending on which Cloud Server plan you select. The larger the Cloud Server chosen, the larger your Internet connection will be. Please refer to our Cloud Server pricing section for details.
- Most Linux distributions have no associated licensing cost. Microsoft charges a license fee for each Windows server used.
- Hourly billing allows greater flexibility for developers and traditional 24/7 users. You only pay for the time the server is deployed. If you only need a server for a few hours — that is all you pay for.
- We bill for your cloud server from the time you create it until you delete it. If you stop your server, we still have to reserve CPU, memory, and storage for your server even though it is not running
- Our Cloud utilizes a technology called QEMU. This technology allows the Cloud Servers to achieve nearly native performance by processing requests directly on the Cloud Computing Node's Intel Xeon CPUs. Thus, the processor(s) in your Cloud Server display as QEMU.
- Our Cloud API is a RESTful Query interface designed to allow users to programmatically manage Atlantic.Net Cloud services. Calls are made over the Internet by sending HTTPS requests to the Atlantic.Net Cloud API Server. You can learn more about our API here.
- To protect the integrity of our Cloud from spammers, we currently block sent mail from our Cloud Servers. If you require the ability to send mail from your Cloud Servers, please contact support with a description of your justification and we will unblock outgoing mail.
- Our Cloud Servers offer far greater flexibility vs. a dedicated server. Cloud serverscan be created in seconds, easily scaled up, and deleted whenever you wish. You only pay for what you use with our Cloud Servers, and there are no long-term commitments.
- Typically a VPS is offered as a contracted service with fixed features (CPU, RAM, Hard Drive). With most VPS offerings, the resources you pay for are not guaranteed and are often oversold. A Cloud Server allows you to pay for only what you use and easily scale from 256 MB of RAM and a single processor to 16 GB of RAM and multiple CPUs. Additionally, we not only guarantee access to the resources you are paying for when you need them, you can also burst to use additional resources when they are not in use.
- Yes, you can scale up your cloud server to a larger configuration anytime you wish. We plan to make this feature available via the control panel soon. In the interim, if you would like to scale up your server, please submit a support request.
- Each Cloud Server has a certain number of virtual CPUs. Each virtual CPU is allocated an amount of CPU cycles based on the size of the Cloud Server plan. As an example, a 2048 MB Cloud Server has double the amount of CPU cycles of a 1024 MB Cloud Server and a 4096 MB Cloud Sever has double the amount of CPU cycles of a 2048 MB Cloud Server. Additionally, with Atlantic.Net's Cloud Servers, we not only guarantee access to the CPU cycles you are paying for when you need them, you can also burst to use additional CPU cycles when they are not in use.
- The amount of users on each Cloud node (the hardware that powers your Cloud Servers) varies depending on the type of Cloud Server each user purchases. That being said, we do not oversell the resource of the Cloud node to ensure the resources you are paying for are always available to you.
- Absolutely! You can access the Atlantic.Net Cloud Server Control Panel at http://cloud.atlantic.net.
- Yes, we provide console access to all of our Linux and Windows Cloud Servers. This is an extremely useful feature if you are troubleshooting or accidentally block yourself via firewall rules from accessing your box via SSH (Linux) or terminal services (Windows).
- Yes, they are $0.005 per hour per IP address. You can acquire and manage additional IP addresses via the Atlantic.Net Cloud Server control panel.
- Yes, private IPs are available. If your Cloud Server does not have a dedicated private IP address assigned and you would like one, please contact support.
- Atlantic.Net Cloud Servers come with a 100% Uptime SLA which includes the following:
- 100% Network Uptime SLA with Money Back Guarantee
- 100% Hardware Replacement SLA with Money Back Guarantee
- 100% Infrastructure Uptime SLA with Money Back Guarantee
- Currently, we are conducting nightly backups of all Cloud Servers. Additionally, we plan to offer point-in-time snapshot backup and the ability to restore functionality via the Atlantic.Net Cloud Server Control Panel soon.
- If you have recommendations on how we can improve our Cloud Servers experience, please let us know by clicking here http://feedback.atlantic.net