FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Atlantic.Net Announces Nextcloud One-Click App for Its Public Cloud
Next Generation Open Source Enterprise-Grade File Sync and Share App Offers Customers a Safe Home for all their Data.
ORLANDO, FLA. (October 31, 2017) – Today, Atlantic.Net, a leading cloud hosting solutions provider, announced the release of a new One-click app for its public cloud, Nextcloud. The next generation open source enterprise-grade file sync and share app will offer customers functionality similar to Dropbox. Available for no additional charge to Atlantic.Net customers, it allows users to keep their life/business private and secure on a server they control. Nextcloud provides them the ability to access, share and protect their files, calendars, contacts, photos, communication, and more with only who they choose and no-one else.
“Here at Atlantic.Net we remain steadfast in our dedication to our users, employing the latest technologies to provide simple, fast, reliable server hosting capabilities. With our Nextcloud one-click app, users are able to effectively keep their life/business private and secure on a server they control,” said Marty Puranik, CEO of Atlantic.Net. “Users can access their own data wherever they are, whenever they need it. And, best of all, the data is synchronized amongst users’ devices, allowing them to protect, control and scale the data and communication in their company that is most vital.”
Nextcloud was designed as a platform, with functionality which can be individually enabled and disabled. The Nextcloud one-click app offers an assortment of features, chief among them –
• Enterprise: Users can protect, control and scale the data and communication in their company and organization. They are now able to keep data where it is, making it available to their teams.
• Access: Nextcloud clients for Android, iOS and desktop systems allow users to sync and share files, in a fully secure way through an encrypted connection.
• External Storage: Nextcloud can not only access files local to the server or stored with a wide variety of popular cloud service providers such as Amazon, Google and Dropbox, but users can also access them using standard protocols such as NFS, (S)FTP, WebDAV and more.
• Encryption: Users can encrypt data at rest for both local and remote storage, protecting data stored on networks outside of their infrastructure.
• Calendar and Contacts: The Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts apps allow users to store, sync and share their plans and contacts.
• Secure Audio/Video Calls: Users can operate their own secure and private audio/video communication. They can access it through a browser, invite customers or friends and collaborate in a group through secure, end-to-end encrypted audio and video communication.
• View and Edit Documents: Collabora Online is a powerful LibreOffice-based online office suite with collaborative editing that works in all modern browsers. Collabora Online supports editing users’ documents in real time with multiple other editors, showing high fidelity, WYSIWYG rendering and preserving the layout and formatting of their documents.
For more information on Atlantic.Net’s Nextcloud One-Click App, please visit www.atlantic.net.
Atlantic.Net is a global web hosting provider with over 23 years of experience, specializing in Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD server hosting solutions. Atlantic.Net provides business-class dedicated and cloud hosting solutions with a focus on security, compliance, and simplifying the experience for users. Additionally, Atlantic.Net offers fully managed environments, security, and compliance focused solutions across all its hosting facilities in San Francisco, New York, London, Toronto, Dallas and Orlando. With a range of certifications and SSAE 16 (SOC 1) TYPE II (Formerly SAS 70), HIPAA and HITECH audited data center infrastructure, the company is also known for its reliability, as dictated by its 100 percent uptime service-level agreement (SLA). For more information, please visit www.atlantic.net.